We just got back from two back to back short trips and I realized I really do not like my toiletry bag! I was using this black weekender that seemed like it would answer all my travel needs, but it didn’t.
So I am looking for the best toiletry bags and hoping my next one is the one!
I liked that it is rectangular and was easy to pack in my bag. That was a huge plus but when opened on the counter, it was really big and there was only one section that was deep enough to barely fit my moisturizer. I liked that it had three large sections for my things, but they were not easy to use.
The biggest thing I didn’t like was that it is black. Turns out the shelving in the three hotel bathrooms we stayed in were black or dark brown and the case literally disappeared.
For my new toiletry bag, I am looking at lots of options:
- A bag that is in any color other than black. I may even go really bright and happy like this one in yellow – not sure if it is too big!
- Size Matters: I don’t want it too big but it should fit enough for a weekend and extended trip. I use small refillable bottles but am thinking about these cadence weekender jars.
- Lightweight and wipeable: This is a big must as even if you screw on all those tops, spills happen. I had a glass bottle of oil break on my last trip. Not a huge mess, but it was cleanable.
- To hang or not to hang? This one has the best reviews and this one is striped which is one of my favorite patterns.
- Clearly visible cases. I like this idea since you can really see what you have and it is helpful with TSA. This one gets really good reviews and comes in 2 sizes.
- To Stand or Lay Flat? Another good question. I like both options and I had a bag like this one that I loved that I could stand up my products but it finally wore it self out.
- Compartments! I would love a bag with lots of places to store by category.. and I am loving this cosmetic line that comes in XL, regular and mini sizes that are great for a one night to a long trip.
I am one of those people who likes to reorganize and refill my toiletry bag when I return from a trip so that it is ready to go for the next time I am on the go and all I need to do is add in my daily items.
Which means it’s time to make a decision and pick one! Help me! I would love to know what you use and why you love it! Leave a comment and let us know.
Other posts you may enjoy How to Get Organized with Pouches and Hair and Skincare Beauty Products That I Use Daily