This post contains Affiliate Links
One of my all time favorite appetizers is prosciutto and melon! If it is on the menu, I order it. I love the flavors and how they blend together..YUM! I was asked to bring a salad to a dinner party and when I saw this recipe in Southern Living – I thought it sounded delicious.
Instead of sliced prosciutto, it is cooked into a crispy, salty and crunchy topping!
I decided to lay everything out so that people could layer the ingredients for themselves. I sliced the melon because I liked how it looked but it would be easier to eat if I had cut them into smaller pieces. If I did it again, I would prepare the salad, tossing the arugula in the dressing and then sprinkling all the toppings with the cut melon on top.
.It was delicious! I loved how the melon blended with the crispy, salty prosciutto and feta plus the crunchy flavor of the chopped pistachios. I would leave out the salt in the dressing next time – I thought it was a bit too salty but everyone else didn’t comment or tell me they thought so too.
Want a more traditional prosciutto and melon salad? I found this recipe on Love & Olive Oil that I want to try next time or give this BLT Salad with Buttermilk-Parmesan Dressing – it is a good one!
Melon with Crispy Prosciutto Arugula Salad
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 (4-oz.) package prosciutto (I used the diced prosciutto that comes in a package)
- 10 cup loosely packed baby greens (such as arugula)
- 1/2 Honeydew or Cantaloup melon, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 (4-oz.) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (I suggest holding off on salt until you taste dressing)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Arrange half of prosciutto on a paper towel-lined microwave-safe plate; cover with a paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until crisp. Repeat procedure with remaining prosciutto. Break prosciutto into large pieces.
- For the Dressing: Whisk together mint and next 5 ingredients.
- Toss greens and chopped melon with vinaigrette, and top with cooked prosciutto, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped pistachios.
*Wait to add the salt to the dressing – you may not need it with the salty prosciutto and feta.
Keywords: Melon Prosciutto salad, Melon, Prosciutto, Feta, Arugula
[…] Summer and forgot to post about it. I was on a melon kick – did you see this post on the melon and crispy prosciutto arugula salad? That is another […]
[…] Melon and Crispy Prosciutto Arugula Salad […]