This post contains Affiliate Links
We arrived home a few days ago from our Holiday vacation and it is freezing in the Northeast.. It is currently 11 degrees and the wind chill is un-bearable. We pulled out our slow cooker and are going to make the Mississippi Pot Roast that Karen Duffy shared with me when I interviewed her about her newly released book. She thought I had written up the recipe on this blog, but in actuality, she was the one to share the recipe with me. My husband and I made it a few weeks ago, and true to her description, it is a beauty. Easy to eat, delicious and cooks itself. What’s not to love? It is perfect for a freezing cold weekend dinner at home. There are 5 ingredients and they all go right into the slow cooker. No browning or cooking the meat in advance. It is that easy.
When I got home from work tonight, we headed to the local grocery store to pick up the chuck roast and salad fixings. We will put the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and dinner will be ready 8 hours later. I will be able to take down out Christmas tree, do a ton of laundry and smell dinner cooking. I am already excited for dinner! It is that good and that simple to make. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 1 (3-4 pounds) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- ¼ cup butter
- 4–5 pepperoncini peppers
- Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes, and add the butter.
- Remove meat and shred. We use a large sheet pan, shredding the meat with two forks.
- Add the shredded meat back into the slow cooker and let soak in the juice
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours. Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes
Do not add any water or broth to this! It will make enough liquid as it cooks.
Keywords: potroast, slowcooker, slow cooker, mississippi pot roast, pot roast
Shop the Post
I was looking through recipes, and decided to make this pot roast over this blustery weekend. It is incredible! So easy and tHe leftovers arw even better.
YAY! I am so glad you made it and it was a hit! It really is yummy! 🙂