This post contains Affiliate Links
To celebrate the start of Summer we took a picnic down to our local beach at sunset. It had been a really hot day and to sit by the water, with the cool breeze, was such a treat. We brought tons of store bought appetizers and I made a Roasted Shrimp Salad for our main meal. I wanted something quick to assemble and easy to eat, it accomplished both tasks and was also really yummy.
As you can see in the pictures, I served it in individual wide mouth mason jars, but after the fact, my husband and I both felt it would have been better as either a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce. It was very good on its own but it needed something else.
I will definitely be making it again and will stop back to leave an update when I do.
Roasted Shrimp Salad
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Salad
- 2 1/2 pounds (12 to 15 count) shrimp
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon good white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons small-diced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss together.
- Spread the shrimp on one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, just until pink, firm and cooked through.
- Allow the shrimp to cool for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- When the shrimp are cool, add them to the sauce and toss.
- Add the dill, capers, and red onion to the shrimp mixture and toss well. The flavors will improve if you allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Otherwise, chill and serve at room temperature.
Keywords: Shrimp Salad, Salad Recipes, Shellfish Recipes, Shrimp Picnic Salad Recipes, Onion Recipes, Vegetable, Main Dish, Side Dish, Lunch
recipe: Roasted Shrimp Salad, Govino Wine Glasses, Ball wide mouth jars, Disposable Silver flatware