We have been invited to a few pot lucks recently and some how we keep getting the appetizer. And because I am always trying to find a healthier option and in case there are no veggies or salad at the party, I like to bring some with my dish. With that in mind, I made this roasted garlic dip with chives from my garden and sliced yellow bell peppers for dipping. That sounds like I have a wonderful garden, when in actuality the chives are the only plant/ herb that seems to survive my horrible green thumb. 🙂 I tried roasting the garlic as listed in the recipe and it was difficult and messy – so for the recipe below, I changed it to how I like to roast garlic – which is much easier and tastes just as good if not better than the way the recipe stated. I made it the day before and kept it refrigerated until it was time to go. It was much better the 2nd day .. which is awesome because I love a do-ahead recipe! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, extra for garnish
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Veggies, Chips for dipping
- Roasting Garlic: (I prefer this method )
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the top third off each head of garlic so the cloves are exposed and wrap in foil. Roast the garlic until the cloves are very soft and golden, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly and then pop the cloves from the skins and finely chop.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, chives, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add garlic to yogurt mixture, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Let sit in refrigerator until you want to serve
- Serve with veggie or chip of your choosing.
- I prefer the dip the next day so the flavors blend in the dip
Keywords: Dip, Make Ahead, Chive, Garlic
Shop the Post