This year I am shopping EARLY! I marked my calendar, pun intended, to order a planner by November 1st! Last year, I didn’t think about this until late December and all the ones I liked were sold out. UGH! I should have known people who are organized get their planner early so they can plan ahead!
Time to get your 2020 calendars, planners and organize your desk!
When you start flipping through the layouts you can’t believe how many choices there are – it is really hard to decide! Some have built-in pages and others, namely Plum Planners and LifePlanner by Erin Condren, let you customize the pages.
I really like the Simplified by Emily Ley planners – they are fun and colorful with either daily or weekly pages. Be warned – they sell out.. The blue stripe one I like is already sold out – Darn! I think I am going to get this one.. I love the geometric pattern and colors.. maybe more than the stripes. And they have stickers!! I love stickers!
Below is the video for the Daily Planner.
If you want to pick everything then go with the Plum Planners. They have a ton of choices from covers, page layout and customizing the words on the actual pages. I started to create my own and it was too much for me. I like having choices, but I think I am better off with something already set up.
I grabbed the below description off their site:
At Plum Paper, we allow you to design a planner as unique as you are. With our custom Planner Builder, not only can you personalize your cover, but you can choose from a variety of layouts, and then customize them to fit your needs. Start your planner in any month, and add additional planning pages to aid in specific areas of your life.
Planners are so personal and there are so many page layouts and extras to choose. Size and weight can be a huge factor, if you like to tote your planner with you or if it stays on your desk.
With so many options, picking the right planner can be overwhelming!
Here are some things to think about when looking for the right planner:
- Current Planner or Lack of Planner: Do you love what you are using now and what do you like or do not like about it? Think about what works best for lifestyle and what does not.
- Page Layout: Do you like a day per page or seeing the full week per double page?
- Time Layout: What works for you? Blank spaced to fill in as you go, Time blocks for morning, afternoon and evening, or hourly details.
- Monthly Layout: Seeing a month at once is really helpful. Do you need lots of space or just an overview. For many years, I used a huge family calendar on the bulletin board and it was really helpful to see it all in one place. I was (am) obsessed with stickers and love adding them to hi-lite what we were doing!
- Additions: Do you like to have built in sections for meal planning, grocery shopping, goals, diet/ exercise/ water intake, birthdays and a pocket ??
- Size: How do you use your planner? At Home or on the go? Size and weight is a big factor for me. I know I don’t want to lug around a large heavy planner. This is a GREAT lightweight planner that I have used in the past and a good size to carry with you.
Need more help? Take this Quiz at Simplified Planner
Once you pick your planner – you can get your desk organized and cleaned out for the New Year! I rounded up lots of great new desk accessories below to get you started! A while ago, I offered a FREE download of my 6 Tips to a Clean and Organized Desk to all new subscribers and I wanted to put it here for anyone who was looking for a little reminder! I also placed it below in case you missed it.
Shop Desk Accessories and Planners