I thought.. why not do an easy DIY with metallic and glitter??
Get the supplies and directions Metallic and Glitter Gourds Instructions here!
I taped off the stems with painters tape and spray painted several different shaped gourds in one of three colors:
- Top row, middle column is Krylon Brushed Metallic nickel
- Middle row, middle column is Krylon Brushed Metallic caramel latte (or use sparkling canyon)
- Bottom row, middle column is Krylon ivory gloss
I took a pretty deep cardboard box and cut off the top flaps of the box so I had a four-sided open box. I kept the top flats for drying the painted gourds. I took the box outside to spray the gourds. Put on a pair of disposable gloves so you do not get paint all over you. I forgot to do this at first and had to use turpentine to get the paint off my hands. Hold the gourd inside the box and spray it on all sides. This really helped keep the mess down.
Set the spray-painted gourd down on one of the cardboard tops to dry.
Spray all the gourds in the first color and then repeat the process with additional color paint
It took several coats to cover the bright fall colors.
TIP: if you want the bottom to be painted – start painting the bottom first and set down to dry – then paint the sides and top.
- Top row: Martha Stewart Smoky Quartz Glitter
- Middle Row: Martha Stewart White Gold Glitter
- Bottom Row: Martha Stewart Crystal Glitter (or white fine glitter)
I have to say that it was a really easy and fun project. Check out how they look on my table in this post!