Week One of Salad days of Summer was a huge success in my house! We ate better than we have in a long time and it was fun to be back in the kitchen! Finally figuring out where I put everything in the cabinets and will need to do a re-organization as we see how it works for us.
Here is our line up for Week 2
What I learned Week One of Salad Days of Summer
Turns out there can be a lot of leftover dressing and ingredients from these recipes. So instead of making too many different varieties of salads, I used leftover ingredients for the in between days. Seemed like a better use of what we had in the fridge and we enjoyed the different combinations.
For Week Two, I am adding in Green Salad Days
That’s your cue to make use of what’s in the fridge and pantry. Be adventurous and have fun with it!
This week we will be making:
Click here for more information on the Salad Days of Summer
Grilled Steak and Onion Salad
Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan with Lemon Vinaigrette
Green Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
BLT Salad with Buttermilk-Parmesan Dressing and Buttery Croutons
Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Tomato and Mozzarella with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Lets get to our first salad for Week 2 of Salad Days of Summer… Grilled Steak and Onion Salad.
This is a favorite of ours and one we make all year round. Be sure to get a good steak and the rest is easy. It is a perfect meal on its own and you can add in a cheese board and bread if you want a little extra. I love it for a girls dinner but my boys are happy to have it as well.
Enjoy! Be sure to check later this week for more recipes!
Grilled Steak and Onions Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 26 min
- Total Time: 41 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Salad
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup sherry
3 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
4 large yellow onions, sliced 1/2 inch thick
2 yellow peppers, seeded cut into 2 inch wide strips
vegetable oil for basting
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 New York Strip Steaks (12 ounces each)
4 to 5 cups torn pieces of lettuce
- Prepare the grill
- Make the dressing while the grill is heating.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, hoisin, mustard and olive oil. Set aside.
- Brush the onion slices and yellow peppers with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables slowly over medium heat until soft and slightly charred, about 10 minutes. take them off the grill and separate the onions slices into rings
- Grill the steak to the desired doneness. About 6 minutes per side for medium. Cut the steak against the grain in 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss the greens with a very light coating of dressing and arrange on a serving platter or plates. Spread the onions and peppers on top of the lettuce and arrange the sliced steak attractively on top. allowing the onions and peppers to show through.
- Drizzle a little more dressing over the salad and serve warm.
Keywords: grilled steak Salad, Salad, Summer Salad, Grill, Easy, Recipe #grilled onions, Grilled Pepper, steak salad, steak