This post contains Affiliate Links
We are back with another easy, one skillet dinner from Cooking Light – Weeknight Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner. We made it a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit. The chicken was cooked beautifully and it was a nice change to have the cremini mushrooms mixed in with the green beans and new potatoes. One of our favorite easy chicken dishes is this one with asparagus and I have to say this new one is going to be a good addition to the rotation! I can’t wait to have people over and try it out on them 🙂
Lemon Chicken Skillet
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main
- 12 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to ¾-inch thickness
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 thyme sprigs 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ cup whole milk 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1¾ cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 8 very thin lemon slices 1 (8-ounce) package trimmed haricots verts (French green beans)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add chicken and thyme sprigs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add potatoes, cut sides down; mushrooms; and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring once. Combine milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add remaining salt, remaining pepper, flour mixture, stock, lemon, and beans to pan; simmer 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast and 3/4 Cup potato mixture
- Calories: 342
- Sodium: 642mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 43g
Keywords: Chicken, potato, green beans
Shop the Post