Are you ready to take down Christmas? I am starting to pack up our decorative items and needed to upgrade my Christmas Storage bins. We have limited storage and I need new bins that fit our shelves. It also gives me a chance to edit my ever growing decorations.
I put up Christmas at Thanksgiving and am pretty ready to have it down to start the New Year with a clean, Christmas-less house. I like to have clear bins in green and/ or red so I know at a quick glance they are Christmas items.
I try to pack everything in the same category together or location in our house. For example everything on the mantle goes in one box, kitchen / entertaining items all together, all mini trees that get scattered around the house in their own, etc..
Here are the Bins and Bags I purchased:
- This Double Wreath Bag – it has a hanger inside each side so the wreathes hang inside. I wanted to use these Plastic Hard Cases but our wreaths were larger. Be sure to measure the diameter of your wreaths so you get the right size.
- We bought this Wheeling Christmas Tree Bag – we are hoping it is easier to maneuver up yo our tiny attic than the box.
- These Hefty Storage Bins seemed more solid to me – so I got 2 of them for my ornaments.
- I have lots of dishes and glasses to store and I found these china chests with clear fronts that would be really useful for finding what I am looking for on my shelf.
- I discovered these BIG Labels that I can stick on the outside so I know what is inside or you could print on these ones.
- Another favorite.. the label maker. This one is really easy to use, portable and lots of options.
Good Luck getting your Christmas packed and stored for next year – It can be a big task, but it feels good so good when it is organized and labeled properly!
Other Organizing posts you might enjoy; Tips for Storing Off Season Clothes and Getting Organized: Cleaning Out My Desk