This post contains Affiliate Links
My husband and I decided to jump on the Veggie Spiralizer band wagon and see if it was as good as we had been hearing. We thought we better give it a try with an easy Summer recipe that we could use already pre-spiraled zucchini before jumping in and buying the spiralizer. Plus, zucchini is everywhere right now!
Should we get a spiralizer? Do you use yours?
We made this super easy and delicious shrimp dish. Since we bought the zucchini already noodled – it was a breeze to make! We are not huge fans of cilantro, so we substituted dill. It is light and fresh, perfect for the extremely hot evening we made it. We both really liked it and I found a cookbook with more recipes to try if and when we get a veggie spiralizer.
Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- Category: Main
- 1 lb (450g) shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1 1/2 lime
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized or cut into noodles
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (I used Dill instead of Cilantro)
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon cilantro, honey, lime juice and lime zest. Add uncooked shrimp and toss to mix well. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add the drained shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, and add the marinade. Cook for 1 more minute and set the shrimp aside.
- In the same skillet add vegetable broth to deglaze and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and adjust seasoning. Toss everything and serve immediately topped with additional cilantro, enjoy!
Keywords: Shrimp, Zucchini, Lime, Healthy, Quick Dinner
To Get the Look Shop the Post:
karen klopp says
I keep looking at the zoodles in the produce department but not sure what to do with them.