This post contains Affiliate Links
I am back with a Winner! I know, I have heard it all before.. a slow cooker recipe?! Really?!? I am not using that contraption. I am a serious cook! Well, let me tell you, to one serious cook from another not so serious cook. You need a slow cooker. If you are anything like me, you are a busy person and a slow cooker (crockpot) makes dinner happen any day of the week. I get it, most slow cooker meals are recipes that call for meats that can take a beating and can come out heavy, dull, mushy, unappealing and lacking flavor. Trust me on this, I will not let you make something, and then have to eat it, unless I know first hand it is worthy the 10-12 hours in a gosh darn contraption. One such meal is the Pulled Pork. It is a tried and true family favorite. It is four ingredients.. YES FOUR(!).. and the easiest thing you will ever make. It needs a little extra time to marinate in the BBQ sauce (we only use Sweet Baby Ray’s) so read the recipe. Make the coleslaw, pile it all on a Martin’s Potato Roll and you will be in HEAVEN. Look at that .. TWO recipes in one.. you are set!
I have a HUGE favor to ask of those of you who do use a slow cooker… have a tried and true recipe that tastes really good? Please share below in the comments. We all thank you!
Pulled Pork Slow Cooker
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- 4 lbs Pork Shoulder or Butt
- 2 large or 3 small Onions, sliced
- 1 cup Ginger Ale
- ½ of 28 oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce
- Layer half of the sliced onions on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the pork on top of the onions and then cover with the remaining sliced onions.
- Pour the ginger ale over the pork and onions.
- Cover the slow cooker, set the temperature to low and let it cook for 12 hours.
- Pull the pork out of the slow cooker and put on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Either strain the onion liquid in a colander or pick out the onions and set aside Be careful, there may be some bones that you should take out.
- Take two forks and shred the pork, removing the fat, any bones and taking the good meat.
- Put the shredded pork and onions back into the slow cooker.
- Cover the pork with Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce (the 4th ingredient!), using almost half of a 28 oz bottle. Mix it all together, cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- We serve on Martin’s potato rolls with coleslaw
Pulled Pork takes a little more cooking time than the average slow cooker recipe but it only has 4 ingredients! Note: Be prepared, it takes 12 hours for the pork to cook before shredding so we usually put it all together and cook it overnight. When we wake up, we shred the meat and put it back in the slow cooker for another 6 hours.
Keywords: pulled pork, slow cooker, pork slowcooker, crockpot, crock pot
Classic Cole Slaw
- Category: Side
- 1 bag Dole Classic Coleslaw
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- skim milk to thin it out.
- Whisk Mayonnaise, Vinegar, Sugar and Mustard in a bowl until combined.
- If it is too thick, add the Milk to thin it out
- Place Ingredients of Cole Slaw bag in a serving bowl
- Add a portion of the Mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat the cabbage.
- Depending how much dressing you like on your salad, add more dressing until you are happy with the flavor.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve
Keywords: pulled pork, bbq, barbecue, slowcooker, slow cooker, pork
Yum! I’ve printed out the recipe.
I’ve made these French Dip sandwiches before. Delicious!
Love a French dip! Thank you for sharing – can’t wait to give it a try! XxRidgely
Lindley Pless says
Just made the “Pulled Chicken” equivalent tonight in my slow cooker and will have it on the blog by tomorrow!! I agree that slow cookers are the secret to any busy mother’s success. 😉
I can’t wait to hear how you liked it! Will visit to see your review! Thank you! XxRidgely
This is a tasty recipe! I left the onions in, it was a big hit!