A few weeks ago our neighbors asked us over for cocktails and she served the most delicious and refreshing Cucumber Mint Spiked Lemonade drinks! It was one of those super hot nights and, while I am normally a white wine drinker, it was too hot for wine. I was so happy to have such a light and crisp new drink. I immediately wanted to recreate it and have it as a new Summer favorite!
The blend of cucumber and mint is refreshing, cool and the perfect cocktail for a Hot Summer night!
I used my mini food processor to chop the cucumber and mint but you could use a magic bullet or just muddle the ingredients. I then poured it in a fine mesh sieve to strain out the larger bits. Let it it sit for awhile in the sieve and press down to get out all the cucumber juice. I let it sit for a good half hour – pressing out the juice every 5 minutes or so. I got a full cup of juice from the 1 cucumber and 1 cup of mint.
I took a short cut and used Minute Maid Light 15 Calorie Lemonade but you could definitely make your own lemonade. I made it in the morning so that all the flavors blended into the lemonade. I re-used the Minute Maid container to store it in the fridge and to transport to our friends house.
I used Minute Maid Light Lemonade as a short cut and it was just as good!
Just this week, I made it again at the beach and used my magic bullet. I put some of the lemonade, cucumber and mint in my magic bullet. I blended until smooth and then poured it all back into the lemonade bottle. I did not strain it. It was just as delicious and had lots of bits of mint and cucumber. It was so easy to grab the bottle and pack it in our cooler for our evening cocktails on the beach. Don’t forget the vodka!
It is delicious on its own but the Cucumber & Mint Vodka gives it a great flavor!
On the beach we poured it over ice and, for those who wanted it, added the Ketel One Cucumber & Mint Vodka. I love using either our Yeti Insulated tumbers and Govino Go Anywhere Glasses – both are great for the beach.
It keeps for a few days in the fridge and gets better as the flavors blend together. Cheers!Print
- 2 English Cucumbers, 1 for the cocktail and 1 for garnish
- 1 cup Fresh Mint, more for garnish
- 1 Bottle Minute Maid Lite (15 Calorie) Lemonade (or make your own lemonade – see below)
- Ketel One Botanical Cucumber & Mint vodka , 2 ounces per servin
- Lemon for garnish
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Pulse 1 English Cucumber, chopped, and mint in a mini-prep food processor, food processor or a magic bullet
- Blend until smooth
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher ( I used a spouted measuring cup), pressing the solids with the back of a spoon.
- If making own lemonade. In a pitcher, mix together Fresh Lemon Juice, Water and Sugar until sugar has dissolved. Stir well.
- Or if using store bought lemonade – pour lemonade into pitcher.
- Pour Cucumber Mint juice into Lemonade. Stir well.
- Add 1/2 sliced cucumber to pitcher.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve ( I pour the infused lemonade back into the Lemonade bottle and put in the fridge – it is a easy way to store until I am ready to serve)
- Per Glass: Pour cucumber mint lemonade over a glass of ice with 2 ounces of Ketel One Botanical Cucumber & Mint vodka
- For a Crowd: add 2 cups of vodka to the pitcher. Stir well. Serve in glasses over ice.
- Garnish with the remaining sprigs of mint, slice of lemon and additional cucumber slices, if desired.
I used Minute Maid Light Lemonade because it tastes great and is easier than making my own lemonade. I also like to make it on vacation and the store bought is a great short cut that doesn’t sacrifice flavor.
I pour the infused lemonade back into the Minute Maid container and place in fridge until read to use. It also makes it easy to throw in the cooler to bring to beach cocktails. For the beach, we use our Govino Go Anywhere Glasses or Yeti Insulated tumblers
It will store well for a few days in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Cucumber, Mint, Vodka, Cocktail, Cucumber and Mint, Spiked Lemonade, lemonade