This post contains Affiliate Links
I find making lunch on the weekends a challenge especially with all the chores, errands, blogging, and activities we have going on. I want to take a minute and eat something delicious, but more often than not I am grabbing something on the run. Why is it easier to make a pb&j or hot dog than a salad?? Turns out it isn’t as hard as you think to make a yummy lunch in just about the same time you can boil a hot dog! On my Saturday morning grocery run I bought a rotisserie chicken, which I let cool on the counter when I got home, put the slivered almonds in the toaster oven and mixed together the dressing. It took maybe 10 minutes max to put it all together and then into the refrigerator to cool. I set the table and went about my chores. I have to say I was very happy with the results and we had a delicious lunch, if I don’t say so myself. Now I have a recipe in my back pocket for when I want to impress a guest or when my family comes calling. Which reminds me, this would be a very nice lunch to serve your Mother for Mother’s Day…Print
Curry Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 scallions, white and green parts chopped (more for garnish)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups cooked chicken in bite size cubes, I used a Rotisserie Chicken
- Mango Chutney on the side
- Boston or bib lettuce or endive
- garnish: scallions, raisins, slivered almonds
- In a medium size bowl combine mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and pepper with a whisk.
- Add scallions, toasted slivered almonds and raisins mix until combined with a spoon.
- Carefully stir in cubed chicken breast.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. until ready to serve. I prefer it cold that room and the curry sauce gets better if it sits together for a little time.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with a sprinkle of scallions, almonds and raisins for garnish
I served with toasted pita bread.
- Serving Size: 4
Preston davis says
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE curry chicken salad, thank you for the recipe!
Mary Kay says
Perfect. I’m going to make this for Mother’s Day lunch! Thank you.