I am reposting this Homemade Gluten Free Granola recipe because I just made a batch and you really need to give it a try!
Why Should I make my own Granola?
With so many options for sale in the grocery stores, it is a good question. I like to make my own because I can control the ingredients, especially so it is Gluten Free and not full of sugars, and I don’t like the taste of many of the store brands.
What ingredients do I need?
I like to use a base of gluten free oats and then add the nuts and seeds you like. The best part, there are no rules.
A few years ago, I spent a few weekends baking up batches of granola, testing out ingredients, to have over Greek yogurt for breakfast or take with me as a snack. Turns out I like the crunch of whole almonds (not chopped) and the chewy texture of coconut and dried cranberries the best. The Maple Syrup is not too sweet and gives plenty of flavor to the granola. There are so many dried fruits and nuts, even chocolate, that would be delicious to add-in. It is fun to change it up depending on what you are in the mood for.
Today, I only had enough cashews, almonds and GF oats on hand for half the recipe. I cut the oil and maple sugar in half and stirred them all together. Popped it into the oven and after about 40 minutes (stirring it halfway through baking) it was all done to a warm brown color and great crisp texture.
I put a scoop on top of my greek yogurt with a handful of fresh blueberries. It was so good. The granola was still warm and it was so good!
Making your own granola is easy! Let me know if you make your own batch!
Making your own granola is super easy! Try this Homemade Gluten Free Granola recipe for your morning breakfast or a snack on the go!
- 6 Cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 1/2 Cups Almonds
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes ( I used Bob’s Red Mill Unsweetened Coconut Flakes)
- 1 1/2 Cups Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Flax Seeds (I used Hodgson Mill Milled)
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- *Have fun with the ingredients. Switch up the nuts and dried fruits . Add chocolate. No need to be Gluten Free if you do not want or need to. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, arrange oven shelves equally in the middle of the oven.
- Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper (a deeper pan is best so the granola does not spill over when you stir it.)
- Mix all ingredients until combined, pour single layer of granola mix onto rimmed baking sheets.
- Place baking sheets into oven and bake for up to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven ever 10 minutes to toss ingredients and rotate pans in oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes to 60 minutes until granola is a nice toasted brown color.
- Cool and store in air tight containers.
Keywords: granola, GF, Gluten Free, Nuts, homemade, Easy, Almonds, Coconut, Crandberries, Oats