This is so good , you are going to want to keep making it over and over again! I know.. Cauliflower is not on the most wanted list.. but you are going to LOVE this salad.
Who likes cauliflower?? Raise your hand!
I do! I love it roasted with a little olive oil, capers, parmesan and lemon zest (recipe here) – so good!
But this is another recipe all together…
When I asked for salad submissions this Cauliflower Salad recipe came from a follower on my Instagram. One look and I knew I was going to love it!
Who likes Bacon?
ME! Anything with bacon makes me happy. Add in their crunch of celery and a red onion … and I am even happier.
This is our second salad for the Salad Days of Summer and I couldn’t be happier. I love the roasted cauliflower with the lightly Dijon mayonnaise dressing – the salty bacon, crunchy celery, the egg shows up and then of course the red onion. Did I mention the chives? Yup.. that is a good addition to this recipe.
We made it for July 4th with ribs and the freshest local corn on the cob – it was a really good dinner! Hence the red, white and blue styling 🙂
Be sure to report back what you think when you make it – I want to here your reviews!
This week we will be making:
Tuesday: Cauliflower Salad
Wednesday Healthy Mexican Corn Salad (click link for recipe)
Thursday: Watermelon Salad with Feta and Cucumber
Friday: Cucumber and Dill Pasta Salad (click link for recipe)
Saturday: Green Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
Sunday: Butter Lettuce Salad with Avocado, Cucumber, and Pine nuts with a Lemon Vinaigrette
Check back for the recipes and please share your favorite salad recipes to be included in the next few weeks!
1 large cauliflower
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup bacon (5 strips)
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2 hard boiled eggs cut up
3 tbsp finely chopped chives
3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the head of cauliflower into small bite sized florets and place on a baking sheet
- Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until tender and slightly golden
- While the cauliflower is baking, fry the bacon in a pan on the stove. Once bacon is crisp, roughly chop into bite sized pieces
- Hand blend the dressing with a whisk, taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool before putting it into the salad bowl. When ready add the cauliflower to the bowl and toss all the ingredients with dressing.
Keywords: cauliflower salad, roasted cauliflower, salad, bacon