This recipe is one of my all-time favorites! I had to bring it back so that you didn’t forget about it and, instead of making a batch of just Ok chocolate chip cookies, you make the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!
With a description of ” best chocolate chip cookies recipe ever” how could I resist? I can’t that’s what! I made these very best cookies and I have to say they were darn good. They were gobbled up by a crew of medium hands and I, luckily, was not left with but a crumb. It is tough trying to keep my weight down and being a chocolate chip cookie lover!
I admit it…if there are homemade chocolate chips cookies in my house, I will eat them all!
I knew I would love them when it called for 2 1/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (the more chocolate the better in my book) and sea salt, not just any old salt! Give them a try and see how they rate against your favorite recipe… I do not think you will be disappointed.
These cookies are so darn delicious…you will be making them over and over again!
If chewy, yummy big cookies are not for you…try my thin crisp chocolate chip cookies.. they are also to die for! YUM!
Recipe via Sweet Savory Life
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp smallish-medium coarse sea salt or kosher
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour (12 ounces) If at all possible, please weigh the flour
- 2¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees. This is not a typo.. three hundred and sixty.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed on a Kitchenaid mixer)
- Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes on medium.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated.
- Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium ice cream scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Pick up the parchment paper with the cookies still on top and transfer to a cool non-porous surface. Allow the cookies to cool on the paper for at least 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip, Soft, Big