This post contains Affiliate Links
This recipe is one of my all-time favorites! I had to bring it back so that you didn’t forget about it and, instead of making a batch of just Ok chocolate chip cookies, you make the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER!
With a description of ” best chocolate chip cookies recipe ever” how could I resist? I can’t that’s what! I made these very best cookies and I have to say they were darn good. They were gobbled up by a crew of medium hands and I, luckily, was not left with but a crumb. It is tough trying to keep my weight down and being a chocolate chip cookie lover!
I admit it…if there are homemade chocolate chips cookies in my house, I will eat them all!
I knew I would love them when it called for 2 1/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (the more chocolate the better in my book) and sea salt, not just any old salt! Give them a try and see how they rate against your favorite recipe… I do not think you will be disappointed.
These cookies are so darn delicious…you will be making them over and over again!
If chewy, yummy big cookies are not for you…try my thin crisp chocolate chip cookies.. they are also to die for! YUM!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 48 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Recipe via Sweet Savory Life
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp smallish-medium coarse sea salt or kosher
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour (12 ounces) If at all possible, please weigh the flour
- 2¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees. This is not a typo.. three hundred and sixty.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed on a Kitchenaid mixer)
- Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes on medium.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated.
- Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium ice cream scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Pick up the parchment paper with the cookies still on top and transfer to a cool non-porous surface. Allow the cookies to cool on the paper for at least 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip, Soft, Big
Wendy Zalinsky says
I’m intrigued! Could these really be better than our HUGE, Martha Stewart ones that we all fight over at Book Club? I’m making them this weekend – they look delicious – so worth finding out!!
Ridgely – I just made these yesterday and they are AWESOME!!! I’m not a sweets person as I prefer anything salty – so this recipe intrigued me, and did not disappoint!! Thank you for sharing 🙂
I just made these, and they’re awesome! Nice and crispy edges and fudgy in the middle. I used 1/2 cup of Guittard semi sweet chocolate chips that I smashed a bit, and a cup of mini M&Ms. I like to be able to taste the brown sugary cookie and not just the chocolate. I only made a couple of cookies in my toaster/convection oven @ 360F. I am going to try some straight from the fridge as well. I think they’ be a bit softer in the middle.
I used my stand mixer and really whipped the sugar, and it really made a difference. I’m thrilled to have a new go to chocolate chip cookies recipe that has the texture I love. Thank you!
These are the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made. Thank you for this recipe. I have already made them twice!
I just made these cookies. Great recipes. I will be making them again soon. Crunch, chewy, salty , sweet. They have it all.👍🏻👍🏻
how far in advance can these be made? will they still be good if I make them maybe 2 days before an event?
Hi Serena – They do last in an air tight container. And I have had them 2 days later and they are still Yummy. But they never last in my house – they get eaten pretty fast! This is a good source if you want to freeze the dough for future use,HOW TO FREEZE COOKIE DOUGH. Having pre-frozen balls of dough, you have to scoop them before freezing, is great when you need to bake a batch for future use.
I hope that helps! Ridgely
Delicious cookies! I love that you get little grains of salt, keeps them from being too sweet.. My go to chocolate chip cookie recipe from now on.
These are simply the Best Chocolate chip cookies EVER! I always make a double batch and put some in a ziploc in the freezer for future cravings! Delicious!
Great chocolate chip cookies. Chewy, crunch, sweet, salty. Two 👍🏻👍🏻 Up. Make them soon.
The best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made. Cannot stop eating them… 😮
Any other cookie recipe online doesn’t use baking powder, instead of being flat and crisp like the photo my cookies had risen and were very cakey. Very disappointing recipe especially since I wanted cookies not cake!
Rynishia Lewis says
Love love love! I’ve made this batch twice so far. My all time favorite!
These are delicious and get so many compliments when I make them!
Melody Sopa says
I don’t know how i messed these up, but I did. They turned out dry and kind of hard. I accidentally left them in a few minutes too long, but thinking there was too much flour, even though I followed directions. Any advice is appreciated so I can fix it for next time!