This post contains Affiliate Links
If you have been following along on this blog for some time, you will know that I love our slow cooker, it has cooked up many delicious meals for us and we use it most Sundays so that we can have a meal waiting for us after a busy weekend. When I saw SkinnyTaste post the Easiest Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe last week, I knew we had to give it a try, especially with Cinco de Mayo right around the corner. We cooked it on Sunday and let me tell you, it was outstanding! Seriously! We were worried that the chicken tenders would dry out and be tasteless, but both my husband and I were amazed at how well it turned out.
We found a jar of salsa verde at our local Shop Rite and did not go hunting for the one listed in the recipe. Just as the recipe says, it is one of the easiest slow cooker dishes we have ever made. It took maybe five minutes to prepare and then we turned on the slow cooker. We had so much leftover sauce that next time we will double the chicken and see if it is just as good. Our only regret was that we wish we had more leftovers! It was just as good the next night and we had to fight over who got to have it!
Slow Cooker Salse Verde Chicken
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 1/2 lbs raw skinless chicken tenders
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- 16 oz roasted salsa verde (I used Archer Farms)**check labels for Whole 30 compliance
- Season chicken with garlic powder, oregano, cumin and salt and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover with salsa verde, cover and cook HIGH 2 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred with 2 forks. Remove 2/3 cup of liquid from the slow cooker, and discard (unless you want it over rice).
- Place shredded chicken back into the crock pot with remaining salsa, adjust seasoning to taste if needed and keep warm.
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 415g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: salse verde chicken, slow cooker, chicken, healthy, salse verde