This post contains Affiliate Links
It is hard to come up with new recipes that are easy to put together on a busy weeknight. I found this Crispy Balsamic Chicken Recipe and adapted it a little to suit us. Namely we used Gluten Free Italian breadcrumbs and I used eggs instead of egg whites. So easy and so good! I can’t tell you how delicious it was and I am so glad I doubled the recipe and made four chicken breasts because they were even good the next day, not as crispy when I heated them up but just as tasty. For sides we had broccoli, our old standby, and riced cauliflower which we just discovered in the freezer section of Trader Joe’s – LOVE! – we just sprinkled it with salt, pepper and chopped parsley after heating it up in the microwave. Next time, I want to make this Cauliflower Fried Rice and I bet it would work for this recipe too! Have you tried it? If so, please share how you prepared it.
Gluten Free Balsamic Crusted Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs (I used Gluten Free Italian but you could use regular breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt + pepper
- Put bread crumbs, parsley,garlic powder,and salt in medium bowl and mix.
- Whisk together vinegar and eggs in smaller bowl.
- Dip chicken in vinegar mixture then dry mixture.
- Place on a rack sprayed with PAM. set into a baking cookie sheet that is lined with foil or parchment
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake 400 for 30-40 minutes, till fork tender and juices run clear.
- Serving Size: 2
to buy: Berry & Thread Dinner Plate / Halstead Flatware
Hannah Whalley says
These look delicious! Will definitely be trying out this recipe!
I’ve been looking for more gluten-free recipe inspiration.